Which Aerating Kit

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sasjodi

Reaction score
Whats Up HBT,

I've been reading some good chemistry books on brewing beer and have been getting little concerned with my yeast's health. I have decided to purchase a aerating system from morebeer.com, but my choice is between the hook up of pure oxygen or a pump that pumps partial oxygen. It is up to you on what I purchase..

Cheers :mug:

Sash

Sounds good, how much do the o2 tanks usually run folks at home depot?

thanks I will be heading to home depot to get a tank as i just ordered the williams brewing aerating system :)

Cheers

do these kits adequately mix the water and wort for partial boils or would you still need to mix and then aerate?

Oxygenating does very little to mix in the top off water into the wort. If you are going to take a gravity reading, you should mix very well before taking the sample. If you don't need to take a gravity reading, then the yeasts will do the mixing for you over the next couple of weeks.

-a.

Another good option that is cheaper to use is the Mix Stir Rod that attaches to a drill. It is good for lower gravity beers mostly though. Have had great results in conjunction with a yeast starter too.
Just my 2 cents worth.

Back