Getting hotter over time?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nitack

Reaction score
I have a six month old cyser that has been aging away. I bottled some small single glass bottles as testers. I've opened one each month since November. The first one was not ready, but you could tell there was promise there. The last one was much the same. I just opened another tonight and it is HOT! The others were no where near this hot, they were actually pretty smooth. Has anyone else found a mead get hotter over time? Did I just get an odd bottle? Thoughts would be welcome.

It may be that you're still being too precipitous. Perhaps it would have been better to have waited 6 months from the initial bottling. Then rather than testing 1 a month, make your test tastes quarterly. 4 assessments in a year would be plenty especially if the type of brew is new to you and you have no knowledge or expectations of probable taste......

Back