Kegging my beer ???

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Run3minman

Reaction score
Put beer in my corny keg and added up to 30 psi waited 2 days and have no carbonation any suggestions??? New to brewing but this was suggested to me. Thanks

At 30 psi at room temperature, the beer will not be carbed up yet. At fridge temperature, it would be starting.

What's the temperature of the beer and has it been at 30 psi the entire time?

Put beer in my corny keg and added up to 30 psi waited 2 days and have no carbonation any suggestions??? New to brewing but this was suggested to me. Thanks

Did you keep the CO2 hooked up and turned on? If not, that would be one of the reasons it's not carbed up.

Are you sure you connected the gas line properly (verify connection/make sure it is all the way in)?

If the pressure was not kept on for two days then the small amount of CO2 would have dissolved, but not been enough to carbonate, I would think.

Put the kegs into the fridge for a minimum of 2 days to cool down to temp, then put the pressure at 10 psi for a week or two (unless you choose to force-carb). This will allow the CO2 to dissolve into solution and make a nicely carbonated brew.

B

I put the keg in the kegerator at 30PSI for 36 hours.. no shaking... hooked up to the gas with it on. After that i purge, and bring it down to 12psi. It's drinkable after three days, but i try not to hook it up to a tap (too tempting to start drinking) and after a week it isgood.. and after two weeks it's way too drinkable.

chiming in -

since it's all about patience for the other parts (allowing fermentation, clean up, conditioning,) all that 3-4 weeks in the fermenter.....

why hurry now?
I set mine at 10 psi and I DON'T hook up the tap for two weeks. Nicely carbed, even better at 3.

Back