**** Trader Joes Rocks

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Their generic in-house stuff isn't bad either. Bought a sixer of their Vienna and was pleased, seeing as it right about six bucks.

Yeah -
Was more like 8 that night.

The one by me has a killer beer selection, Three Floyds, DogFish Head, Lagunitas, victory, etc.... Even their house brands are pretty decent the Kennebunkport IPA was fairly good and cheap.

Hmmm, maybe I'll stop in after work tonight...

This was my last haul....

tjsbeers.jpg

All of trader joes are perfect renditions of the styles they have brewed. There's nothing real special about them, but damnit...if you want to know what a dunkelweizen tastes like, you can purchase a perfect example.

All of trader joes are perfect renditions of the styles they have brewed. There's nothing real special about them, but damnit...if you want to know what a dunkelweizen tastes like, you can purchase a perfect example.

Their house brands are all made by Gordon Biersch, and I emailed their brewmaster once, and he confirmed they are all brewed under the Reinheitsgebot.

We've had some discussion about these "boutique beers."

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f5/costco-beer-53812/

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f14/kirkland-brand-beer-96429/

I heard they were by gordon biersch...makes sense. Although I like their beers more than most of GB's regular stuff.

Didn't know that costco wsa doing the same thing *shudder*

They also have some great pre-marinated meats there, including a fantastic tandoori chicken tenders package...

I think a trip to TJ's is definitely on for tonight. Plus now that I am on a vienna lager jag, it would be nice to try those, I ignored them last time (except for the Mexican dark lager.)

Thank's to whoever bumped this old thread.

Their Vienna Lager is really smooth and nice. I always get a six-pack when I head out there.

They're marinaded tri-tip and carne asada are good, too. Also, I absolutely LOVE their spiced leg of lamb. It's in the frozen section. I let it thaw overnight and then throw it in the oven per their instructions on a ceramic dish.

Throw in some of their Organic Black Beans on the side and pour yourself a glass of that Vienna Lager and it's probably one of the best "easy" meals you'll ever have. All relatively cheap, too. The lamb is like $14, but it's good for 3 meals.

Their Vienna Lager is really smooth and nice. I always get a six-pack when I head out there.

They're marinaded tri-tip and carne asada are good, too. Also, I absolutely LOVE their spiced leg of lamb. It's in the frozen section. I let it thaw overnight and then throw it in the oven per their instructions on a ceramic dish.

Throw in some of their Organic Black Beans on the side and pour yourself a glass of that Vienna Lager and it's probably one of the best "easy" meals you'll ever have. All relatively cheap, too. The lamb is like $14, but it's good for 3 meals.

I've had the Carne Asada, it was awesome....The lamb sounds great as well.

My understanding, is that the Vintage Ale considered "special beer" in their line (that's why they are dated.) I was told by the manager last year that it is seasonal and, at least at the one in Grosse Pointe, sells out rather quickly. The rest of their line is GB...

It's interesting though that Unibroue is also available at Costco, and their house line, Kirkland, is made by GB....I wonder if Unibroue, and GB are somehow connected in some way ( Unibroue's Canadian, iirc?) Or maybe it just has to do with liquor distributors or something.

Hopefully I can find the Vintage when I go.

Ok, now you all made me want to go pick up some stuff at trader joes on the way home from work today, their cheese selection is awesome and pretty good prices, and blackthorne cider 1L for $3? how do you beat that? Plus, my local one is right across the street from a Whole Foods, so what Trader Joes dosen't have, WF will.

Ok, now you all made me want to go pick up some stuff at trader joes on the way home from work today, their cheese selection is awesome and pretty good prices, and blackthorne cider 1L for $3? how do you beat that? Plus, my local one is right across the street from a Whole Foods, so what Trader Joes dosen't have, WF will.

They're across the street from each other??? You sux!!! Lucky guy!!:rockin:

They're across the street from each other??? You sux!!! Lucky guy!!:rockin:

Yeah, no ****. Whole foods is actually on the way home for me, but they're so damn expensive.

We're getting a Berkeley Bowl (awesome local grocery) next to my work, tho. That will be teh awesome.

Yeah, it's ok. I'd prefer a Maudite any day of the week ;)

Trois Pistoles FTW

That yeast is a MONSTER too :rockin:

My understanding, is that the Vintage Ale considered "special beer" in their line (that's why they are dated.) I was told by the manager last year that it is seasonal and, at least at the one in Grosse Pointe, sells out rather quickly. The rest of their line is GB...

It's interesting though that Unibroue is also available at Costco, and their house line, Kirkland, is made by GB....I wonder if Unibroue, and GB are somehow connected in some way ( Unibroue's Canadian, iirc?) Or maybe it just has to do with liquor distributors or something.

Hopefully I can find the Vintage when I go.

They still had it at the Peoples Republic of Cambridge. The wifey picked up more to ensure there was enough for vertical tastings as the years go by.

Yeah, no ****. Whole foods is actually on the way home for me, but they're so damn expensive.

We're getting a Berkeley Bowl (awesome local grocery) next to my work, tho. That will be teh awesome.

Whole Foods apple juice in the gallon containers are full of win
Kids LOVE IT and I get containers for experimental spirits.

I'm just gonna pour a little glass and drop some yeast in the next one I open.

They still had it at the Peoples Republic of Cambridge. The wifey picked up more to ensure there was enough for vertical tastings as the years go by.

Is it the same price as the other tj's beers???? Methinks this trip could become expensive....I was planning one or 2 6 dollar 6-packs, now I'm buying hummus, tandoori chicken, Carne Asada, Lamb....and now Vintage if I can find it.

I'm so freaking hungry/thirsty now, I can't even stand it....

:mug:

Is it the same price as the other tj's beers???? Methinks this trip could become expensive....I was planning one or 2 6 dollar 6-packs, now I'm buying hummus, tandoori chicken, Carne Asada, Lamb....and now Vintage if I can find it.

Organic Black Beans, damnit. If you forget them, I'm going to fly over to ****ing michigan and slap you! :p

yeah, but do you have the

ORGANIC BLACK BEANS

from trader joes?

I actually don't usually eat black beans on the side...don't know why this happened and I don't know how well the other guys will work. I DO know that the regular black beans from trader joes weren't as good as the organic.

It would probably be good with some potatoes, too.

This means something. This is important!

yeah, but do you have the

ORGANIC BLACK BEANS

from trader joes?

I actually don't usually eat black beans on the side...don't know why this happened and I don't know how well the other guys will work. I DO know that the regular black beans from trader joes weren't as good as the organic.

It would probably be good with some potatoes, too.

This means something. This is important!

OK I'LL GET SOME!!! :rockin:

*calculating how long it takes to get to MI for dinner*

Crap.

I just recently found the WF near us, and left with a single grocery bag for like $80. The damn cheese counter kills me every time. And ours don't even sell booze! :(

I can never resist the candy a TJ's. The dark chocolate mint creams are awesome, as well as the chocolate covered orange sticks.

And the Vintage Ales... I've got the last 3 years tucked away in the fridge.

*calculating how long it takes to get to MI for dinner*

Crap.

I just recently found the WF near us, and left with a single grocery bag for like $80. The damn cheese counter kills me every time. And ours don't even sell booze! :(

Really? That's one of the main reasons I go there.

Although the other day I bought a little box of salad (i'm trying to supplement my carnivorous diet) for like $6!!!!! It was really good, tho. Spinach leaves, walnuts, shiittake (sp?) mushrooms, vinaigrette (sp, damnit?), oil and salt and pepper. I think I'm going to make some myself and save money...so it was worth the cost of inspiration.

I love TJ but no alcohol sales here.:( Montgomery Co. Maryland sucks as far as alcohol sales go.

$4.99/bottle for the Vintage ale
Plus a Belgian bottle to cork up SOWAH BEEAHS!

Wowsers - the Chipotle Humus is even better than the roasted red pepper that strated my druinken rabling.
Rev- what did you get/have foe supper?
And again everthing goes with porter.......

Oh crap...I forgot the hummus dammit!!!

I came home 70 bucks lighter and 2 bags heavier...Yes TWO BAGS!!!!

Those little packets of food labeld 3 or 4 dollars are seductive.

I got some frozen buffalo burgers, lamb (and organic black beans,) Tandoori chicken tenders, chipotle flat iron steak, carne asada, ahi tuna steaks, the best damn thai yellow curry sauce I have ever tasted, frozen pot stickers (that was dinner, btw) and a couple other things...

No Vintage ale to be found but I got a mixed sixer of TJ's Vienna Lagger and Kennebunport IPA...The Lager rules...the IPA, not so much.

And a bomber of Arrogant Bastard for $4.95!!! That's like 2 or 3 bugs cheaper than anywhere else!!!!!

5 bucks is cheap for AB?

i have actually never been to TJ, been plannin to!
i have one about 3 miles from where i work, problem is, thats 50 miles from home :(
i cannot keep buffalo frozen...luckily, the local grocery store up here carries ground bison for 6 bucks a lb.
makes awesome burgers.

six bucks a pound! that's seems really expensive. Just by the frozen stuff, let it thaw and eat it up! I think there are 8 burgers per package so have a bbq with friends ;)

Latest posts

Back