Tragic Loss

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

autobaun70

Reaction score
My fermentation chamber fridge has officially died. I guess the brew stand will have to wait a bit longer. It is most definitely the compressor, and this particular model isn't all that serviceable.

Thankfully I had a relatively heat tolerant pale ale in it at the time it died, and it had a good 8 day head start. Now it is sitting all sad like on the chopping block in the kitchen.

image-2079602381.jpg

Lots of fridges on Craig's List in the Greater Spartanburg Area :)

Cheers!

For sure, just trying to decide what I want to go with this go round. I do have the temp controller already handled, and really liked my previous fridge. It was a full height unit with no freezer, and could easily hold 4 fermenters. I am thinking I may just stick to some basic pales for a while and keep my eyes open for a commercial fridge with the glass front. From what I've seen this is the only option for a good quality fridge only unit.

Back