Are there any easy pumpkin ale recipes?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StarCityBrewMaster

Reaction score
Being that fall is literally around the corner I'd like to do a pumpkin ale before it gets too late in the season. I have read that pumpkin ales (especially when using real pumpkin) can take a long time to mature and condition out.

So I'm trying to find some very easy to make pumpkin ale recipes that can be done from boil to refrigerator in 6-8 weeks time.

Thanks!

Not to toot my own horn, but my Punkin' Ale is tasty and ready to go in 6-8 weeks. There are partial mash and extract versions in there as well.

You can really use any of the pumpkin ale recipes and just forego the pumpkin. Many people believe that the pumpkin adds nothing in the way of flavor. So in reality the spice is what gives it that unique flavor. Just brew up a beer and spice it like a pumpkin ale.

I brewed AHS's pumpkin ale about 3 weeks ago, and just kegged it for conditioning yesterday. It tastes really good, one of the best I've done (out of 8 or so batches). FWIW I didnt add any pumpkin because a. store didnt have it and b. heard you need to use a whole bunch of it to have any effect, some say no effect at all. So I added the spice pack and it definitely tastes pumpkiny!

Whatever you decide to do, good luck!

Latest posts

Back