Beer Smith 2 Lite top 10 on Android Market (Top new paid)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

earwig

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
This is pretty cool. Brad Smith's mobile app made the Google Play Store's top ten for "top new paid" category.

ForumRunner_20121012_175910.jpg

Any reports on how good/functional the app is from any other HBTers? I have free apps and software, just curious if this paid app is worth the $$

I'll test out the timer sunday but so far the cloud recipes work great and the reference section is awesome. Descriptions and substitutions of hops will come in very handy at the lhbs.

I just wish I could edit recipes. I have a recipe that is set for 6.25 gallons but I'd like to set it to 5.5 and see where the og ended up but so far that's only possible on the desktop app.

I'm eager to wait for when I can link up my iphone to my desktop on BS2.

Plenty of times I come across a recipe and want to change it and sub stuff and my phone would be ideal in the LHBS when I want to change gravities, and such.

Grabbed it. I'll sync it up with my desktop program and use it for my next brew, whenever that happens to be. Looking at my cloud recipes on it looks pretty good, though.

Wait, Beersmith made an Android app!!!?? Awesome, I have to check it out, wonder what it's like. I've been using the free Brewzor app and it's absolutely indispensable, the only thing is I wish the developer would update it and charge for it - so I can support him and make him more concerned with updating the thing. I'll check this out.

Rev.

For those that don't know, this is the "lite" version, a companion to the desktop version. He is working on a complete / full featured version but it's not ready yet. His site has more info. It was really cool to see it pop up on the Android Play Store. :)

This app is great! Like said above its a companion to the beersmith program. You can access and view all of your recipes stored on beersmithrecipes.com and load any of them to your phone or search recipes from the website through the app. The mash and boil timers show you the next step in your process which is great because I look at my brew sheet a million times during a brew. It also gives an overview of the fermentation and bottling information you get on the pc program. It includes a bunch of the calculators and conversions you find in the beersmith program as well. Like the website says the only thing it doesn't do is let you build or edit recipes. That's not really a big deal, for me at least, because if I'm building a recipe I'm more than likely going to be on my computer looking up style details and ingredients and entering it into beersmith.

I was able to help beta test the iPhone/iPad version of the app and have done a few brews with it already. I have my phone on me all the time so to me it's much more convenient to have this on my phone on brew day than to bring my computer with me outside or have to worry about paper brew sheets getting wet or flying away. I can see what's next and have it ready when the timer alarms. In between steps or when tending to the brew I can just stick it in my pocket.

Back