New York Brew Supply

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rbeckett

Reaction score
Quick review of NYBS. Ordered an item Monday mid morning and the unit arrivedwith the Post man today. The item I odered was a 25 foot 3/8ths stainless IC. It was priced lower than comparable copper units and shipping was a reasonable 10 bucks. The box arrived undamaged and properly sealed with a bag of additional parts safely tucked inside. As soon as I ordered the chiller I got an email thanking me for my order and another email with the shipping info attatched. Unlike other ebayers who type in shipping info long before the shipper gets the item then ship at a later date and time. Shipping status was updated regularly and it arrived on the targeted date. All in all a very positive Ebay experience. So I give em 2 thumbs up.
Bob

Do you know where the package shipped from? I can't tell if they are in NYC or not and it would be great to walk in and pick one up.

I also recently bought from NY brew supply via Amazon as opposed to EBay. I had a mostly positive experience as well. I ordered a 50' copper IC . Delivery was quick and packaged well.

My only problem was the fittings were epoxied onto the ends instead of soldered. I didn't think this would matter at first but after a few boils the discharge side got brittle and cracked as I was attaching the hose (I don't think I was overly forceful or anything). I ended up taking both fittings off striping the epoxy and soldering them on myself.

I emailed them just to let them know of the issue I didn't expect a response really. They responded within minutes of my email explaining that they haven't had that problem before and possibly the epoxy wasn't applied correctly on in the right amount. they then gave me a partial refund which was totally unexpected. It ended up covering what I spent on supplies to fix it (I didn't have any copper soldering supplies).

So though the chiller I ordered had a defect, thier customer service was top notch. Plus they seem to have the best prices I've seen for chillers. I was having a hard time finding the parts for the same price if I wanted to make it myself. Coppertubingsupplies has a kit but their shipping cost makes it more expensive and my local hardware store would have been far more expensive.

Ordered a SS wort chiller direct from them back in January. Communication was great, order arrived quickly and I have been happy ever since.

Also got a wort chiller from them from eBay. Ordered on Monday, received it Friday in good condition. Very happy with them.

Yeah, they are all over the best price deal. I couldnt buy the material and make mine as cheap. And shipping was LASER fast. Can't complain about those folks at all.
Bob

Latest posts

Back