Heading up to Irvine - brew pub recommendations?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LarryC

Reaction score
I have a week of training starting Monday in up Irvine CA. Looking for recommendations for brew pubs near by that have decent food and craft beer. Suggestions?

Steelhead by UCI is good, their Anteater Pale Ale is fantastic, and they have a decent burger.

There's also Cismontane out in Rancho Santa Margarita. A bit of a drive but its definitely worth the trip. No food there just craft beer.

Tustin Brewing Co. Good stuff.

Head up for an evening at The Bruery's tasting room. Shouldn't be missed.

If you end up heading down towards Newport Beach, check out Newport Beach Brew Co. Also right there in Newport is the Crow Burger Kitchen -- phenomenal burgers and great tap list.

Also check out The Playground in Santa Ana. Great food, great beer.

FYI if you go to Cismontane, avoid the Cali Common. It's horrific.

Where in Irvine? I work right near the Jamboree/405 intersection... I can pretty easily get a couple homebrewers together for a quick lunch if you're up for it...

Thanks for the tips guys!

Bwar, I don't think I'll be able to do a lunch meet up, the training is set up with lunch at the facility so I imagine they don't want us wandering off. It is just off Jamoboree in Corporate Park.

I have a friend from work who will also be going along so I figured finding a good brew pub or two would work out pretty well. UCI looks pretty inviting and so does Steelehead brewing. Not sure if I'll be wandering out much farther than 5 miles or so but I do plan on heading to Newport Beach some time in the summer for a get away with the wife. I'll have to keep Newport Brewing in mind for that trip.

Now if I can just make sure my head is clear in the morning!

Latest posts

Back