What are you drinking on Halloween?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nolabrew85

Reaction score
I am drinking an awesome red ale and cream stout.

I would also be drinking my pumpkin ale, BUT something went wrong and it did not carbonate! I have never had that happen before, and I have bottle conditioned several batches. I think I let it sit for too long before bottling maybe? (4weeks). I should've kegged it, but oh well!

I might have some of my weizenbock that came out tasting fine but a little weak alcohol-wise. They actually switched our trick or treating to Friday because of a bad storm rolling in this evening. I will be brewing a zombie dust and scaring little kiddies while the lady hands out candy.:mug:

hang in there Unionrdr. Mbobhat, is supposed to rain down here too starting at about 9, so the trick or treating should be early this year. I have never made a weizenbock. Sounds like it is bock style with wheat? Is it a lager or ale?

I actually might drink my pale ale instead of the stout as it is going to be a little warmer than expected down here tonight. 75-80. being so close to the gulf, it can be 50 one day and then the wind changes and it is 77 the next.

hang in there Unionrdr. Mbobhat, is supposed to rain down here too starting at about 9, so the trick or treating should be early this year. I have never made a weizenbock. Sounds like it is bock style with wheat? Is it a lager or ale?

Ale since its a weizen

Mouthfeel: Medium-full to full body. A creamy sensation is typical, as is the warming sensation of substantial alcohol content. The presence of Munich and/or Vienna malts also provide an additional sense of richness and fullness. Moderate to high carbonation. Never hot or solventy.

Overall Impression: A strong, malty, fruity, wheat-based ale combining the best flavors of a dunkelweizen and the rich strength and body of a bock.

Mine missed the strength of a bock but has that creamy wheat laced head and banana and clove from yeast, and plum flavor from malt.
I used Jamil's recipe from BYO that I will try again to improve my efficiency.

Jamil says its the ultimate Halloween beer.

My oatmeal stout and some cider served out of a pumpkin. Since the weather has turned to **** I'll probably have piles of candy to wash down with the beer.

My beer was supposed to be ready by today for drinking. My estimates were off by at least a week. Now if I could just bum $20,I could get a little gas,cigs & a couple beers for 2night. Oh well,damn...:mad:

I'll be drinking a pumpkin ale which went from boil to glass in 3 weeks. Don't believe those that say it has to be done in August. Mine is easily in my top 5 that I've ever done. Cheers.

Smacked-up a Jai Alai and just put a Brown Shugga in its grave (my stomach).

Bells Two Hearted (we just started getting Bells here - I did a mix 6 of all their others & a 6 of two hearted) & Southern Tier Warlock which is supposedly a darker fuller Pumking :)

We're supposed to be getting Bell's here really soon as well. A LHB Nitro Stout with vodka would be great tonight. Just for a goof,it'd be cool if we as home brewers could use nitrogen widgets in our bottles. Put'em in bottles of my stout...& name it "NOS"..lolz

unionrdr said:
We're supposed to be getting Bell's here really soon as well. A LHB Nitro Stout with vodka would be great tonight. Just for a goof,it'd be cool if we as home brewers could use nitrogen widgets in our bottles. Put'em in bottles of my stout...& name it "NOS"..lolz

New Old Stock?

Drinking Warlock most likely and a cream stout. I am too lazy to get up and look who it is from.

My beer was supposed to be ready by today for drinking. My estimates were off by at least a week. Now if I could just bum $20,I could get a little gas,cigs & a couple beers for 2night. Oh well,damn...:mad:

Oh I'll give you $20. No one should be without beer on Halloween.

Apfelwein, Vanilla Porter, Dry Irish Stout, Bell's Two Hearted Clone, End of Summer Saison, and a Dos Equis clone are all on tap in my keezer.:mug:

Now if I just wasn't overdrawn 55 bucks. Damn UAW/Ford & changing how I get my pills got me too. Appreciate the thought man...

Bells Two Hearted (we just started getting Bells here - I did a mix 6 of all their others & a 6 of two hearted) & Southern Tier Warlock which is supposedly a darker fuller Pumking :)

Warlock is an AMAZING beer! I'm a huge Bell's fan too. You just can't miss with them.

Probably drink a mug of my Janet's Brown while I work on the Jeep and after that maybe a stout or Two Hearted, or something. I think I have an Ayinger Oktoberfest in the fridge.

Now if I just wasn't overdrawn 55 bucks. Damn UAW/Ford & changing how I get my pills got me too. Appreciate the thought man...

Totally been there. Well, not with UAW/Ford, but overdrawn. It's the shats for sure. I wasn't kidding about the $ but it sounds like it would be pointless. :(
It's 2013, where the F is teleportation already?

Soda and coffee at work! I'm a guard at a hospital. We're always CRAZY busy with drunks on Halloween. Trying to stay fired up w/ coffee during my down time.

Tonight's going to be Old Rasputin and Deschutes Black Butte Porter. I've been waiting to open that Ol' Raspy for awhile now...

Russian River Consecration....it is Halloween after all.

I also got a Stone Enjoy By calling my name in the fridge. I can't get enough of this last batch, it's so good. My local grocery store has them for $5.99 right now and at that price, I can't not buy them.

I'll probably polish the night off with my Tripel Karmeliet clone. It clocked in at about 9.7% abv, so I think I'll be falling asleep after that. Probably halfway through watching the Shinnin' or Texas Chainsaw Massacre.

Glenlivet 12 and a Ledaig 9yo.

Was in work till 10pm, big deadline tomorrow. Was supposed to be home watching Halloween films with the misses so she's not best pleased.

I'm tired.

image-2288670748.jpg

Back