Swinging for the fences

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Smuve21

Reaction score
Hello everyone, this is basically an S.O.S. to anyone near the Snellville, Ga area. I actually live in NC but came down to visit with the in-laws and wanted to show them how to brew some beer. However I had everything packed up except the most vital piece of equipment... I left my airlock at home. So if there is anyone near this area that wouldn't mind parting with an airlock I would be so very grateful.

No piece of tubing that you can pick up at a local hardware store to set up a blow off hose?

well the problem is that I'm leaving from here in Ga to go back to NC later this evening and I wouldn't want it to spill in the car

+1 on wrapping it up. Sanitize a piece of saran wrap and shove it in the air lock hole for the drive home, replace with a loose covering of aluminum foil when you get home.

EDIT: spelling

+3 Saran Wrap and a rubberband will work just fine. Some people never use airlocks on their primaries.

Obligatory post :)

I routinely brew a buddy's place about 20 minutes away. I foil my carboys and with the headspace remaining, there's no chance of it oversloshing during the trip home.

Where in NC you heading? I live just north of Fayetteville and can get ya one when/if ya pass by, but you'll be most of the way home regardless of where you're going then.

Latest posts

Back