Wort boiler?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have one of these. It works great but be aware that a converted Sankey keg will not fit on it. I have to lay a BBQ grill on it becuse my keggle is too big.

I've got 22 qt and a 40 qt aluminum boiling pots. It seems like the 40 should fit just fine(?)

Look at the Bayou Classic SQ14. I have two of them and they're pretty rad. They'll hold just about anything, as far as I can tell.

It is a high-pressure burner with a windscreen. It produces a whopping 185K BTU, while a turkey fryer maxes out at 50K BTU. I think I'm going to get one unless somebody talks me out of it.

Guess wat!

Ifya's throw out the crapola 10psi regulator that comes with most of those 50K Turkey burners, and put the 20psi regulator on (that the cajun setup your looking at has)............

You'll get the same 160K to 185K btu. Put a wide open 30psi reg on there, and you'll prolly soften the legs on the stand resulting in a collapse.

Point is, the actual burner casting is only half of the equation.

I have an SP10 that holds my 18" 60qt kettle just fine, has about 2" over hang all the way around. I imagine I could upset it if I wanted to, but it seems very steady.

By the time one buys a turkey fryer, then a high pressure regulator to make a decent burner, you could have bought the SP10, plus some other goodies as well. When I bought my burner on Amazon almost two months ago, it was $29.99 with free shipping.

Latest posts

Back