party pig Q

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DaveT

Reaction score
I filled my party pig the other day with primed beer from the bottling bucket after I added the priming sugar. I have a question about it since it is my first use and no directions came with it. I got it new in box with some stuff I bought off craigs list.

I wanted to know if normal amount of priming sugar in a 5 gallon batch is too much to be used with the party pig? I filled it about 2" frop the top of the lip opening and wasnt sure about that either. The pig is getting quite solid and dont want to have it burst. I poured a bit into a glass to release some pressure and it shot out quite fast and filled my glass with foam. I also tried to loosen the sealing ring to see if some pressure could be released but only some pressure came out before some beer seaped out. Should I fridge it or let it be?

there was not much in the search for party-pig so hopefully I didnt miss it :)

DaveT said:
I filled my party pig the other day with primed beer from the bottling bucket after I added the priming sugar. I have a question about it since it is my first use and no directions came with it. I got it new in box with some stuff I bought off craigs list. I wanted to know if normal amount of priming sugar in a 5 gallon batch is too much to be used with the party pig?

Yes. You use less priming sugar with the pig. My advice: as soon as your brew is carbonated to your satisfaction, put it in the fridge and leave it there until it's consumed.

DaveT said:
I also tried to loosen the sealing ring to see if some pressure could be released but only some pressure came out before some beer seaped out. Should I fridge it or let it be?

Don't try to loosen the ring, the gasket can permanently unseat and you will have foam and beer everywhere.

Check partypig.com for more info, they have an FAQ. If you can't find the manual, PM me and I'll arrange to send you a copy of mine.

Back