GOOD on Netflix STREAMING?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If anyone here is a fan of mystery or CSI type shows, then you need to watch Luther. I enjoyed watching Luther way more than CSI and I would say it's ALMOST as addicting as Dexter .

Now I just wish there were more seasons.

I watched the first episode of Luther the other day, but it didn't really grab me. I will probably give it another shot and watch the next one, though.

Currently watching Dollhouse. I had watched it when it originally aired, but FOX did their typical best effort to kill it from the first episode, and so it was always scheduled on different days, and pre-empted by sporting events, etc. so it was quite difficult to actually get into the show's rhythm. Now that I'm watching them back-to-back, I'm enjoying it quite a lot.

I'm watching Drugstore Cowboy again on streaming. It's stylized, sure, but it's one I think about every so often. Matt Dillon is excellent in it, and it has William S. Burroughs in a great cameo as the junkie priest.

Don't know if anyone's mentioned it yet, but I just watched the 1st 3 episodes of Terra Nova. Not bad at all, I'll continue to watch it till I get to the end.
Regards, GF.

FIDO is EPIC!!!!! Loved it.

Blood Creek is getting my '"best newish horror" pick.

sons of Anarchy added another season, as did TWD.

Has anyone mentioned The Walking Dead? My wife normally loathes zombie movies, but she has completely gotten into this show. You can now get season 1 & 2 on Netflix streaming. Zombies aside, it has a great storyline and lots of action. I've mentioned it to several people I work with and they have also gotten into it. The 3rd season is playing currrently on A&E.

cheezydemon3 said:
;)

Been mentioned a bit, including the post right before yours!

:mug:

Agreed it is epic for TV. Right there with BSG, Breaking Bad, and Sons of A.

the 4th season is what is on now, right?

It might be season 4. I turned off my cable and only have Netflix, now. Got tired of paying $90/month for the approximately 5 channels I wanted...

richkev said:
It might be season 4. I turned off my cable and only have Netflix, now. Got tired of paying $90/month for the approximately 5 channels I wanted...

Right with you. College sports are the only thing making me second guess.

I finally finished I Melt With You... I figured someone was going to die but WOW did not see that coming in the end!

Ughhh! I hated it. I don't get how you DIDN'T see it coming. It was so awful and they set it up from the first scenes. I couldn't even watch it in one sitting. Had to take 5-10 minute breaks because it was so bad.

cheezydemon3 said:
That one is a REALLY solid Zed pic. far from epic, but SOLID.

I really enjoyed Exit Humanity.

Well the fact they threw in a sneaky German s*** sex scene put it over the top for me.

Well the fact they threw in a sneaky German s*** sex scene put it over the top for me.

Lol, agreed, which led to the obligatory mauling. That was some good stuff!

Not sure if this has been mentioned yet (i did not read all the posts) but I like to use this to find netflix stuff:

http://instantwatcher.com/

That brings up a few gems and a lot of thought! Thanks.

:)rockin:Tucker and Dale vs Evil EPIC EPIC EPIC:rockin:)

Punity said:

Oh hell man. You are right. The clincher though, is the continuous nod to evil dead 2. :rockin:

The 2 dudes at the end....non stop epic....I beg your pardon!!!

Forgot how awesome. :mug:

DEAD SNOW freaking epic.

cheezydemon3 said:
Oh hell man. You are right. The clincher though, is the continuous nod to evil dead 2. :rockin:

The 2 dudes at the end....non stop epic....I beg your pardon!!!

Forgot how awesome. :mug:

DEAD SNOW freaking epic.

When it first started the guys that I was watching with were taking bets on who's top comes off first. First to die last to live. Had to say I was stunned that the snowmobile dude died the way he did. Although I really want and MG mounted on my snowmobile now

When it first started the guys that I was watching with were taking bets on who's top comes off first. First to die last to live. Had to say I was stunned that the snowmobile dude died the way he did. Although I really want and MG mounted on my snowmobile now

True dat.

The one moment I took offense to, was when the movie buff stated that Evil Dead 2 was really just a re-make of the first Evil dead with a budget.

To that I cry BS and will cross swords with anyone who says otherwise!

Seriously though, when the two dudes man up and gear up in the tool shed, blood phobia guy is chainsawing the guts out of an undead nazi, other dude inadvertantly makes the hammer and sickle befor fragging a german, lol.

all kinds of awesome.

cheezydemon3 said:
True dat.

The one moment I took offense to, was when the movie buff stated that Evil Dead 2 was really just a re-make of the first Evil dead with a budget.

To that I cry BS and will cross swords with anyone who says otherwise!

Seriously though, when the two dudes man up and gear up in the tool shed, blood phobia guy is chainsawing the guts out of an undead nazi, other dude inadvertantly makes the hammer and sickle befor fragging a german, lol.

all kinds of awesome.

Haha yea that was great with the hammer and sickle

I myself watch a lot of:
Walking Dead
World's Toughest Fixes
Mythbusters
Workaholics
Trailer Park Boys (best 1/2 hour comedy i've seen in years)
How It's Made

The wife and I watch together:
Fraiser
Breaking Bad
Numbers
White Collar
Lost

THAT DOES IT!!!!!

;)

Evil Dead 1: 6 friends Go to a cabin. Wierd claymation kills most of them.

Evil Dead 2: 2 people go to the cabin, no claymation, AWESOMENESS ensues with demonic posession and epic self battling and self mutilation. Absolutely groundbreakingly original. the hero transforms from dork to one of the most epic bad-asses ever.

Army of Darkness: Solid follow up to Evil Dead 2, taking a totally different direction. Awesome, but only slightly epic.

What I never understood is why the heck did Ash go back to the cabin?

OK. I am SHOOTING MYSELF NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HAPPY?????

Evil Dead 2. Most EPIC horror movie EVER.

That is all you need to know.

I'm watching archer and lmfao. I just finished the last avatar series. I saw the movie and wanted more.

JordanThomas said:
Ughhh! I hated it. I don't get how you DIDN'T see it coming. It was so awful and they set it up from the first scenes. I couldn't even watch it in one sitting. Had to take 5-10 minute breaks because it was so bad.

Warning Spoiler Alert: I Melt With You

By saw it coming do you mean around 1.5 hours in? Obviously when they revealed the note I saw it coming. From the beginning when they start partying I figured at least one would die but I didn't think all of them!

I'm home with the kids today. Any suggestions for family friendly movies that won't make me angry they exist?

I always like the incredibles. Of course, We also let my 3 & 6 yr olds watch Looney Tunes cartoons, so your definition of family friendly may vary.

TxBrew said:
I'm home with the kids today. Any suggestions for family friendly movies that won't make me angry they exist?

Try The Secret of Kells. It has an animation style that is 100% unique and really frikkin cool. You should definitely at least give it a shot.

Latest posts

Back