Should be 1.010, but is 1.012, Can I bottle?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

neckbone

Reaction score
AHB's Blue Moon clone says it should be aprox 1.010 fg. I measured it at 1.012 today. It was in primary for one week, secondary for 2.5 weeks, now I really want to bottle today, so that I can move my 90min over to secondary.

Is a .002 difference aprox enough? Or, should I wait until tomorrow or Monday to check it again? I just have so much more time today.

Having been in the primary and secondary for a combined 3.5 weeks I would say you are good to bottle. If you are really worried, wait a day or two and take another reading. If its the same, then bottle.

But 3.5 weeks? Pretty sure its done....just bottle it.

Well, I guess I'll just hold off for a couple more days.

Kegs..??? I've got a birthday coming up at the end of this month. Maybe I can convince SWMBO to get me a kegging system for my bday. Wow, that would be soooooo much easier. And, then I could drive her crazy searching for a used fridge to keep it in.

shoot for 1 bubble every 90 seconds....minimum.

EDIT: wait a minute, it's bubbling every 33 seconds in the SECONDARY????

neckbone said:
Well, I guess I'll just hold off for a couple more days.

Kegs..??? I've got a birthday coming up at the end of this month. Maybe I can convince SWMBO to get me a kegging system for my bday. Wow, that would be soooooo much easier. And, then I could drive her crazy searching for a used fridge to keep it in.

You've got thr idea. :mug:

todd_k said:
shoot for 1 bubble every 90 seconds....minimum.

EDIT: wait a minute, it's bubbling every 33 seconds in the SECONDARY????

That was my thought...

What's the recipe?

2 burps a minute 3.5 weeks post pitch...in the secondary seems a bit long. Though my wit has had some strange revival krausens after I thought things were done...

My two batches have never bubbled for more than a few days! The first one is complete, and it is carbonated and contains alcohol... They were both extract-based kit IPAs, with OG of about 50. Should I expect mroe bubbles?

I'm pretty sure the 33 second bubbles was because I moved the bucket. The next day, I was down to every 1.5 min, and now, I don't have the patience to count, so it's basically stopped. I'll bottle when I feel like sanitizing the bottles again, probably tomorrow, or next day. God, I gotta start kegging.

neckbone said:
I'm pretty sure the 33 second bubbles was because I moved the bucket. The next day, I was down to every 1.5 min, and now, I don't have the patience to count, so it's basically stopped. I'll bottle when I feel like sanitizing the bottles again, probably tomorrow, or next day. God, I gotta start kegging.
Agitating the primary will definitely stir up some fermentation activity.

Get that **** in bottles...get it to 70+ degrees and check back in three weeks.

Meanwhile...what are you goin to brew this weekend????:rockin:

Back