Dill mead

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Goofynewfie

Reaction score
It sounds interesting , has it been done? I'm not sure how this would taste left a little sweet. I know.... A cucumber dill mead. Thoughtd?

Ive heard a few people say cucumber mead is good so I wonder if it would be as simple to make a cucumber melomel and then add some fresh dill afterward and leave it soak for a few days or even weeks to get the desired strength.
I may have to get the cucumber recipe from creamy and do a small test batch, although as I type this in my head I keep hearing a warning buzzer and the words "okra mead"

Ive heard a few people say cucumber mead is good so I wonder if it would be as simple to make a cucumber melomel and then add some fresh dill afterward and leave it soak for a few days or even weeks to get the desired strength.
I may have to get the cucumber recipe from creamy and do a small test batch, although as I type this in my head I keep hearing a warning buzzer and the words "okra mead"
The dill bit shouldn't be a problem but getting the cucumber flavour across, would, IMO, be quite hard work.

Maybe something like juicing cucumber in a machine might be worthy of some thought and consideration.....

I did a cucumber mead a long time ago. I still have the same batch sitting in my kitchen with several cucumber slices pickled in it now. IT IS TERRIBLE! Lol, I used a little mint and lime in it and the cucumber was all juiced. It never tasted right to me and just drinking it is hard. I may have done something wrong but if I replaced the cucber with cider or any other fruit/berry juice I bet it would have been fine. So take my words with a grain of salt but here is the thread on that mead:

cool cucumber mead

Maybe you can read what I did and not do that.

Back