Using my extra stuff

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BobbiLynn

Reaction score
I have 5 extra pounds of 2-row, yeast ready, an ounce of Northern Brewer bittering hops and some rice and grits in the cabinet. BIAB is what I'll be doing. Want to do full boil. Really can't afford to buy ingredients this week, but want to start a batch with what I have. I'm thinking with this I can make 3-6 gallons? I also have honey, probably a whole pound of honey. Any ideas for a recipe for something nice and drinkable using what I have? The yeast was harvested from us-05.

I'd do a 2.5 gallon batch, with 0.5oz NB to bitter and 0.5 oz at around 10m for flavor/aroma. I wouldn't do any honey in this batch. I might pull a quart or so out of the boil and boil it down to a nice dark syrup for some malt interesting-ness. Really, you don't have much going for you. I'm not even sure how tasty the beer I just described would be. Drinkable, but supremely boring, probably.

Back