Car Insurance Question?????

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigPicture

Reaction score
My son was rear ended while sitting at a stop light before Christmas. She hit us at 50 mph while texting. Her car & mine were totalled. She hit ours with such force we plowed into the car ahead of us but we only dented his bumper.

Now State Farm is giving me grief. They want to tow my vehicle from my home before the title is transferred & a check for the vehicle is in my hands?!

Wow! I have a big red flag going off in my head. Am I wrong?

Help!

Why do they want to do that? Can't their adjuster come to your place and look at it?

I'm not sure one the full details but if you have a red flag going off, don't let them tow it. The vehicle is still legally yours. They have no right to tow it. They can definitely come to your house to look at the vehicle. Don't give them your vehicle until you have some written dying it has been totaled. If they said it is totaled though, you should be fine. Did they give you an estimate yet?

Maybe they just want to make sure they are getting what they are paying you for? I don't know what you think is fair. Send you a check and then let you pull the engine out before scrapping it?

State Farm is her insurance company.

They've already sent out the adjuster & we've agreed it's totalled & agreed on a price. But we've signed nothing.

I have a wink & a smile & a phone conversation.

They've sent out a tow company to pick up my vehicle BEFORE I have anything. I've been told the check is in the local agent's hands. When I've called,,,,,,,,, he has no idea what I'm talking about.

I sent the tow truck away empty & now I'm a big dick.

Help.

I have a wink & a smile & a phone conversation.

They've sent out a tow company to pick up my vehicle BEFORE I have anything. I've been told the check is in the local agent's hands. When I've called,,,,,,,,, he has no idea what I'm talking about.

I sent the tow truck away empty & now I'm a big dick.
Nah, you should have some confirmation of what is going on. I'm probably trusting enough to just go with it, but I understand your hesitation.

Back