Strange Brew Fest (last weekend)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

H-ost

Reaction score
I just wanted to give a small review of the beer festival I went to last weekend.
www.strangebrewfestpt.com

Brewers from all over the area came with the most off the wall flavors of beer, some you have always thought and wondered about and others which might never have crossed your mind. At the end of the weekend there was a vote for the favorites but I did not stay for it.

A small list of the beers I tried (they all tasted damn near exactly, if not dead on, what they claimed to taste like)

-Peanut butter cup beer (reese's candy)
-Habenero dry hopped chille mole
-Almond Rocha
-7 bloody seas (bloody mary/beer concoction)
-Jameson Irish Whiskey beer (tasted like a carbonated less ABV version of the Whiskey)

Those are the ones that stand out in my mind at the moment... I was so glad to get to try all of these but I would like to say that out of them I only found one that I would buy. It was a Ninkasi pale ale of sorts that really had not strange flavors, I feel like they were just going the safe route and wanted to win the competition. Ninkasi's other tap was also lame, it was just their Total Domination IPA with a spoon full of honey/pellet hops... I was very disappointed with them.

All in all, I tried some flavors that if I wanted to brew before I have learned my lesson the easy way. I really wish I could remember more of the "Strange Brews" but many of these were in the 8% ABV range and even at 8oz glasses it comes on quick heh.

:fro:Funky Music Funky beers:fro: I will be going to this festival yearly now.

Back