CO2 leak...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jjk

Reaction score
First of all I wanted to thank everyone in the forum for all of the great advice given to others. Every time I have had a question a search has revealed the exact answer I was looking for. So I'm sure my question has been answered already but I just haven't been able to find it.

After bottling a few batches I decided to take the plunge and purchased a keg kit with all of the trimmings. I kegged my first 2 batches last night and everything went pretty smoothly. I checked on them this morning and my CO2 canister was empty. Went ahead and found the leak on my 4 way splitter. I wasn't able to get it tight no matter how hard I tried. The question is... until my replacement arrives how long will my beer hold? If there are no leaks on the kegs and they are pressurized will they be fine? I was using the set and forget method and have them stored at 50 degrees.

Thanks.

If they are sealed, they will not lose any CO2.

Did you try hose clamps on your splitter? You can get them at hardware stores for like 60 cents each.

It isn't the hose that is the problem. There is a screw or bolt on the end of the splitter that is leaking. I have tightened it as much as I can and it still leaks.

Good to know my beer is going to be fine. Thanks.

Danaldor said:
Teflon tape.

This. I have an old reg and the high pressure plug was leaking. Wrapped it with some tape and it's fine now.My 4 way from kegconnection leaked as well but tightening with a wrench stopped it.

After ya think you fixed the leak, Make sure you spray all your connections with star san or soapy water to SEE if you fixed it! You'll see it bubble even if it's a tiny leak.

Been there , Done it,.........Had to get a refill right after I kegged and carbed a batch!

1st spray.........There it was. Even a tiny leak will drain your tank. It sucked cause I have an hour and a half round trip to get a refill!

Good Luck

Back