Kegging

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ff186

Reaction score
Hey All

I'm new to kegging and homebrewing and have a few questions for ya

I currently have to batches kegged. They both spent 7-10 days in the primary, then placed them in a secondary for a couple of months. I finally got all the nesessary equipment to keg and their in the kegs now. So my questions is when you put beer in a secondary is that allowing your beer to clear?

If not do you recomend allowing the beer to clear in the kegs?

Is clearing only refering to when you prime the beer with sugar?

I forced corbonated both kegs.

Hope these questions don't waist your time. Thanks in advance four the info.

1. If not do you recomend allowing the beer to clear in the kegs?

2. Is clearing only refering to when you prime the beer with sugar?

3. Hope these questions don't waist your time. Thanks in advance four the info.

1. You can give your beer time to clear both the the kegs and secondary. However, it is best to allow it to clear and settle in your fermenter and leave the sediment behind. If you dont it will come out in your first pull from the keg. No big either way.
2. No. clearing refers mostly to letting some of the tired and dead yeast fall to the bottom of the fermenter.
3. Of course not!:mug:

1. You can give your beer time to clear both the the kegs and secondary. However, it is best to allow it to clear and settle in your fermenter and leave the sediment behind. If you dont it will come out in your first pull from the keg. No big either way.
2. No. clearing refers mostly to letting some of the tired and dead yeast fall to the bottom of the fermenter.
3. Of course not!:mug:

yeah...what Buffalo said.

Back