Great Divide Score!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marsdude

Reaction score
Last Thursday the SWMBO and I headed to Denver to celibate her birthday. She decided she wanted to visit Great Divide Brewery and take the 3 PM tour. So after a couple of half pints in the tap room we did take the tour that only had my wife, myself, and one other guy, Mike. Mike asked if there were any free samples during the tour and was told no.

The tour itself was interesting. I have toured several breweries but Great Divide was different in that they are situated in an old building (used to be a dairy) and everything is a little more dusty and cluttered that the other breweries I have seen. That being said they make some great beer.

Toward the end of the tour the guide was showing us their newer fermentation tanks that they installed outside. While she was explaining about the tanks a guy driving a forklift came up, stopped, and said, "everyone on the tour today gets a free case of St. Bridget's Porter." :rockin:

Sure enough, after the tour they brought out a case of the porter for each of us! Both the wife and I got one. It seems that they have stopped producing this beer and are not distributing what they have left. Pretty nice for a tour with "no free samples."

Great Divide is rapidly moving up my "house stock" list. They've been brewing some damn fine beer lately.

Dang. I justnspent $40 bucks on a case of it knowing that it was being discontinued. I wonder if the distributor will refund my money if I show them this post.

Good score on your end.

Latest posts

Back