Samurai Gringo Saison Cider

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

damien

Reaction score
Yesterday I pitched some wyeast saison to 3 gallons of unpasteurized apple hill juice @ 64*F. O.G 1.047. Let's see how this turns out. I have three one gallon glass jugs to use as secondaries. I'm thinking about adding cinnamon to one, ginger to the second, and leaving the last one plain. What do you think?

I don't know why it took me so long to reply to this. I finished drinking it such a long time ago. my apologies.
It came out great. No biitterness and a great ginger taste. I soaked the ginger in a little rum for a day before transferring to the secondaries. I didn't end up using cinnamon. Just ginger in two secondaries and pomegranate concentrate in the third. when I bottled I combined all three back together again and bottled conditioned using a liter of cider. I started drinking after 2 weeks and by the fourth week they were tasting better than any cider I have ever bought.

Latest posts

Back