Scratches

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KaseySeim

Reaction score
I recently purchased a kegging system from midwest and the Cornelius keg holds pressure great and doesn’t look to bad but the problem is on the inside there is large and DEEP series of scratches about 4”x2” and I was wondering if you guys think this will be a problem for harboring bacteria in the future. I’ve been AG brewing for about 4 years now and have always used glass primary and secondary and bottled so I haven’t had any experience with scratches in my days and I like to think I do a good job sanitizing. I’ve already kegged and drank a brown ale and it was fine. I’m more worried about the future.

As long as you sanitize it well, I wouldn't worry too much. If you do get some bad batches, I'd start to question it (assuming rest of your processes are sanitary/same).

Adventures in home brewing has used/pressure holding kegs for about $17, and usually sales going on in the classifieds... Welcome to DRAFT beer, and to the threads! :mug:

Back