Keggle owners--how did you reuse your sanke spear?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I cut some length off mine then took out the ball valve. Took an old tap handle and took the threaded rod out and used that in the sanke with a couple washers to make a unique tap handle. I have not heard of many other uses though.

I was going to use it as the screen in a home made hopback, but I'm waiting on the Blichmann hop rocket. Depending on the price, I may just go with that.

I use it a mallet.

I hit the top of the keg with it, holding on to the "handle" where the spear used to be. It makes a cool percussion instrument.

I cut mine down a little and keep it in my truck for emergencies like maybe if I need to whack some carjacker in the head or something. It's easier to explain than an 18" section of 5/8" re-bar would be. It won't rust and possibly stain the seats either.

I made a long handled stainless steel spoon out of mine.

860664.jpg

I cut them down and use them to weigh down the hop bag in the boil kettle so it doesn't float to the top of the keggle.

I'm in the process of putting it in a 5" filter housing to make a randall it seems to fit the bill well so far

I drilled two lines of holes in one and use it as a 'sprinkler' in my MT for recirculating.

Back