32 Jet Burner and compatible Gas Control Valve

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EastAdmiral

Reaction score
Help!!!...please.

I have a 2 burner set-up, each burner is a 32 Jet LPG burner, and yes am having a few issues.

I have done my research. Each L74 jet on the burner is rated to 5000btus and requires a pressure of 37mb to burn efficiently. That means the L74 32 jet propane burner will produce 160,000 btus at 37mb propane pressure.

160,000 btus of propane is equal to 3.36kgs (7.4lbs) of propane per hour which equates to 1.8 cubic meters (66.5cft) of flow.

I bought the wrong solenoid control valve (Honeywell V8600C 1020) which is rated to output 4 cubic meters per hour, but at a reduced 20mb of pressure. The max input pressure being 60mb.

Can anyone help, and suggest a control valve that is able to safely deliver 37mb at over 2 cubic meters per hour, for use with propane that is 24vac powered.

I would be very grateful.

It doesn't look like you ever got an answer to this. Did you ever get it figured out? I'm faced with a similiar situation, but have yet to complete my build. I will have two 32 jet burners, but I'll be using the Honeywell VR8200A2132 gas valves with a standard 20lb BBQ propane tank & an adjustable regulator 0-30 psi.

Latest posts

Back