I must confess

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BadKarma

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
One of my local large grocery chains has all New Belgium products on sale--$6 a six pack. I like Fat Tire, but had never had a chance to try any of their other lines. So I did a BAD thing!! Since they all look alike in a six pack, I mixed a sixer with Blue Paddle, 1554, and Skinny Dip.

Yes, I am a greedy bast@#d.

Haven't tried any of them yet, only got them today. The Springboard I've had for awhile and it's pretty good. The wormwood gives it a "different" taste. Not bad, just something I've never had before.

The 1554 will most likely be the first tomm. evening.

hence the name badkarma, just look out man it may come back to haunt you:drunk: But I do applaude your insightfulness:mug:

Cheers

I think you'll be happy you did that. I used to think fat tire was pretty good till I realized pretty much every bar in the area has a better local brew. I find the skinny dip is a bit light for my tastes and the 1554 I find to be rather over rated for the hype. I do like the Terrior alot however.

I mix six packs all the time. The poor suckers are the checkout don't really care. I don't intentially put the more expensive ones (very slight difference) in the cheaper 6 bottle cardboard packet thingy but sometimes it just happens that way. If there is a six pack with only 5 in it then I just shove another one in from the same brewery.

On a side issue - my local bottle shop (BMC heaven for the masses) got five new beers in (Matilda brewing). I bought one of each from them by taking one out of each six pack. Three weeks later the six packs still remain with 5 in each, nobody has touched them. Weren't very nice anyho!

Finding anything other than BMC is a rare happening in this RedNeck heaven. The guy at the counter seems to think they will continue to carry the New Belgium stuff. I sure hope thats true, I really want to try their Abby and the seasonal 2 below.

I hope they will expand a bit more and carry some other stuff.

2 Below is my favorite beer they make. I couldnt get enough of it last winter. 1554 and Fat tire are good as well. I wasnt too fond of the Springboard. I dont think that I have had the Skinny Dip or Blue Paddle.

Their beers seem to vary batch to batch. Or maybe its between kegs and bottles. Sometimes the Fat Tire tastes much more malty than other times.

- magno

I've only tried the 2 below recently as a friend had a couple of bottles left over. I'm looking forward to it coming out again as this beer rocks.

Back