SWMBO is going to kill me

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alemonkey

Reaction score
So, I fly R/C planes, but work has been freakin' crazy and I haven't been out to the field since early last summer. Today I was talking with a guy at work who's also into flying, and one of the local R/C clubs is renting the local event center (a BIG building) for indoor flying. $5 to fly 3 hours.

I have a room in our house that holds brewing equipment and planes. It's mostly full of planes. But, I got drunk tonight and decided I needed a new plane to fly in the new building. :drunk: Never mind that I have 3-4 that are suitable to fly there.

So.....I logged on to www.towerhobbies.com and ordered a new one. Just hope I can get home before she sees it....

Maybe if she complains about how many planes I have I can ask her why she has so many shoes. We're literally running out of places to store them. At least the planes all fit in one room.

so how dead are you?

like $300 dollar dead? Or are you really seriously gonna get it cause you spent a butt load more?

Oh, no....it's really cheap. Indoor planes are as cheap as $20 or so (assuming you already have the radio, batteries, motor, etc). It's not the money, it's the fact that I have something like 10 planes already sitting in the basement.

Now, the 100" wingspan glider I bought last year and haven't gotten around to flying yet, that's another story....

Smile sweetly and offer to take her to dinner and shopping.

Tomorrow or Monday of course, there's a football game or something on Sunday.

But by all means keep the plane. :D

Ize

alemonkey said:
No can do tomorrow. I need to brew :)

Oh well hell, you're into next week or next weekend then. She'll have forgotten. Then gift up on Valentine's and yer good to go.

Ize

alemonkey said:
So, I fly R/C planes, but work has been freakin' crazy and I haven't been out to the field since early last summer. Today I was talking with a guy at work who's also into flying, and one of the local R/C clubs is renting the local event center (a BIG building) for indoor flying. $5 to fly 3 hours.

I have a room in our house that holds brewing equipment and planes. It's mostly full of planes. But, I got drunk tonight and decided I needed a new plane to fly in the new building. :drunk: Never mind that I have 3-4 that are suitable to fly there.

So.....I logged on to www.towerhobbies.com and ordered a new one. Just hope I can get home before she sees it....

Maybe if she complains about how many planes I have I can ask her why she has so many shoes. We're literally running out of places to store them. At least the planes all fit in one room.

Tell her it's a charity event and that the plane is tax exempt... Women tend to go for the mushy "awh he cares" crap... She'll never know the truth as long as she doesn't do your taxes or have a good memory...

Although there's the alternate route, kill her and bury her with her shoes... er i mean ummm.... grind her up and use her as DME, er no... that'd produce a bitchy flavor... lol... Just messing with ya... I honestly don't get women's deal with buying and keeping stuff they don't need then complaining when you have 2 or more of something...

I've always wanted an RC plane, how much would a beginner kit be?

my brother has been trying to get me to fly RC planes. For some reason he thinks that since I started flying when I was 12 and finally stopped whenI dropped out of college I should know how to fly RC planes.

After checking out that site some of those foam planes are looking interesting, maybe I will start

I bought a GWS pico stick. I used to have one, but I flew it into the rafters at our last indoor site :drunk:

If you're interested in getting into it, you can probably get into a small electric plane for about $300 total. You can go cheaper if you buy a ready to fly package, but if you buy the right stuff you'll have equipment you can use in other planes in the future.

I used to fly gas years ago, but now I only fly electric. Much less fuss.

Back