Pumpkin IPA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

franzy

Reaction score
I have some leftover pumpkin spice from my pumpkin porter recipe. I also just bought northern brewery's chinook IPA extract kit and was thinking of throwing the spice in the last 5 minutes of the boil. Anybody ever try this?

Pumpkins and IPA's are my two favorite beers, but it doesn't mean they should go together. Ha!

Had an error posting the original.

Short version. I want to add pumpkin spice to the last 5 minutes of my chinook IPA kit. Love both styles of beer, but I don't know if it will mix well! Haha.

I can't be the first to try this. Any help out there???

I guess that's why they don't make pumpkin flavored Dutch's. Hops' relative wouldn't taste good rolled up in those either.

This isn't a bad idea though...
pumpkin-bong.jpg

Haha. Thanks for all of the "great" feedback! I think I'm gonna try it. I'll let you guys knows in about 2 months how it is!

i'd opt to get some arrogant bastard and add a pinch of the spices to that to get an idea before I 'wasted' a whole batch doing it.

Back