Uh oh, Lyme disease...!??!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beergears

Reaction score
Very suspicious ring on my shoulder. been there for 1.5 weeks now.
I finally looked it up, it looks like the real thing, Lyme disease... darn!

Med appointment this afternoon, w shall see.

Anybody with experience with that?

Does brewing help ..? :)

An acquaintance once told me that people working around horses get it 3-4 times a year...

I work with some people that have a very BAD case. The entire family is super sick! Not a funny thing!

+100

A coworker's son has chronic Lyme disease. It can turn into a lifelong, seriously debilitating disease if you don't treat it ASAP with strong antibiotics like doxycycline. I don't want to scare you, but you definitely should go to the your doctor now.

Chronic Lyme disease is becoming a major problem in the US. Insurance companies won't cover the meds, which are extremely expensive.

There is actually a movie covering the issue out now: [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxWgS0XLVqw]YouTube - Under Our Skin - Lyme Disease Documentary Trailer[/ame]

I pulled a full tick off of my side this spring. I had been feeling kinda $h1#y anyway, and constantly have ticks on me after walking the dog. The doc ran the test and put me on anti-biotics.

Test came back negative, still felt like poo. Doc re-ran the test and a couple others. Turns out I had mono. Wife is still curious how that happened right after a trip to Amsterdam. FIIK.

My brother had the bullseye rash a couple years ago. If you catch it early, it can be treated. When I thought I had it, I read a lot of horror stories online about people battling it for years.

Lyme disease can be a huge problem if not diagnosed and treated early. However, if you catch it early enough and get the antibiotics for it, it basically stops is in its tracks and it shouldn't progress any further or cause significant complications.

Lyme disease can be a huge problem if not diagnosed and treated early. However, if you catch it early enough and get the antibiotics for it, it basically stops is in its tracks and it shouldn't progress any further or cause significant complications.

Yeah that's the key right there. Get it treated ASAP.

Another thing that has ring-like marks is ringworm.

Doc says: no looking like LD.

He took a small amount of skin scraping to see under a microscope, if it was ringworm or some other fugus, and he did not see anything like that.
He didn't ask about Amsterdam...:D

He sent me home with a prescription for cream to treat skin inflamation and such.

You didn't leave a cold beer glass on your shoulder overnight? That'll leave a ring on a coffee table. :D

Good news on the noLD :ban:

Back