Carbonation question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EvanLouis

Reaction score
Im bringing some homebrew down to a friends house on the coast tomorrow. Should I refrigerate it tonight to let it carbonate properly should I wait until I get down there and let it sit overnight in his fridge? It's already been bottled for over a month

So, has it been bottled and sitting at room temp for over a month? And not yet refrigerated at all? If so, then no real point in refrigerating it now for less than a day, letting it warm up during travel, then cooling it down again. Just wait until you get there to refrigerate it.

Edit: Were you going to transport it in a cooler so that it stays cold? If so, then go ahead and chill 'em down now and get a jump on it. Otherwise, I stick with my original response.

They have. I notice that I get better beer when they are bottled at room temp and kept on top of the fridge.

They made it to the coast and safely into the fridge. Though they didn't chill for 24 hours the head retention was pretty decent on them. Thanks for the tips

Latest posts

Back