Paradise apple/Roadside apple

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CiderMike

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I have been trolling the web looking for an answer, but no luck.
Im wondering what the flavor profile will be on the old trees that are seen growing wild by the road or just native. Like paradise apple, I see wild messes of old apple trees here in Oregon. And I'm preparing for next harvest. And want to know where those apples can play in? Like the base or acid or tannic part of the blend.
Thx

wow. good question. Without knowing exactly what a paradise apple is, I'm posting to follow and see what others contribute. Is it just a wild small apple? My guess would be a cousin to the crabapple. <insert pucker!> You might try contacting your local master gardeners program or even try orchards in the area. They will probably know exactly what is growing wild in their areas.

I think your best bet would be to stop...ask the property owner if you can pick some and then give it a taste.

If its anything like the lower mainland of BC, they will very greatly.there were everything from transparents, to crab apples, to wild versions of common eating apples. Your best bet is to taste and see.

Back