I am an idiot

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WesleyS said:
Do you think beer will ever become intelligent enough to revolt against us? Then it will start brewing with us as ingredients. Then one beer will probably get the idea to start a forum about it. Then there'll probably be a bunch of beer posting the questions "Did I ruin my human brew?" "Can I add fruit to my human brew kit?" "Should I secondary my human?"
I'm sure one of them will start a thread saying he's an idiot. That's where things probably start to go down hill. Of course all this can be avoided if you keep a good balance of beer fairies and miniature whales in your beer.

It's probably happened already. I had some pretty revolting beers my time.

That being said: if beer is actively trying to get me to reproduce, I'm all for it.

Which Universe?

Let me try to answer your question this way:

What was there before there was nothing? Everything, that's what. It's all cyclical.
But how could there never have been nothing if there are infinite possibilities?
How can the words infinite and possibilities be used together?
What's possible is no longer a possibility once it's been done. It just is. And if everything is infinite, that means that everything possible is inevitable, and therefore we can assume that nothing is a possibility, and that everything just is... even if it isn't.

Understand?

Hamsterbite said:

What was there before there was nothing? Everything, that's what. It's all cyclical.
But how could there never have been nothing if there are infinite possibilities?
What's possible is no longer a possibility once it's been done. It just is. And if everything is infinite, that means that everything possible is inevitable, and therefore we can assume that nothing is a possibility, and that everything just is... even if it isn't.

Understand?

Daja vu all over again. I swear i had that same conversation about 25 years ago. Or did I? Will i again in 25 years? Will i even be in 25 years. This is getting deep, now I'm not even sure i am. I could be my own imagination.

grem135 said:
Daja vu all over again. I swear i had that same conversation about 25 years ago. Or did I? Will i again in 25 years? Will i even be in 25 years. This is getting deep, now I'm not even sure i am. I could be my own imagination.

I am 24.32

At 24.32 do you just stop or start over. Or maybe 24.32 just is and that would make me about 2.2432 ( working on 3rd 24.32). Damn I need a beer or 5.

grem135 said:
At 24.32 do you just stop or start over. Or maybe 24.32 just is and that would make me about 2.2432 ( working on 3rd 24.32). Damn I need a beer or 5.

Or 24.32 beers? I think we all know the answer to that one.

grem135 said:
Unfortunately its 2.432 hours before i can have a beer. Working late sucks.

I saw a sign in a bar one time that said "No working during drinking hours"
I have shaped my whole life around that. Sadly it led to me being homeless living under a bridge. Good thing I found this smartphone on a bench and am able to post on HBT.

Understand?
Disturbingly, yes.
First law of investing: Buy Low Sell High

Second is: Invest with your mind, not with your heart.

do I want Anarchy? NO

With idiots hoarding their valuable monkies, will it happen?? No question.

You 1 percenters (the highest 1% of valuable monkey holders) hold all of the cards. Your Highly trained undead primates breed and infect new monkies at an alarming rate, but your strict non-proliferation practices mean that there are virtually no zed/martial art primates available on the open market.

You virtually guarantee the end of life as we know it and, usher in the apocalypse yourselves....as if you didn't know.......

With your armies of undead banana fiends, You are guaranteed a good shot at ruling over the new world order..........or....are you?

Last time I looked a 1350 lb undead jet pilot polar bear could waste 1.5 million zed monkies per second........(with a functioning F-16, of course..........which I have......)
Point A! I never said I didn't know. :p

Point B: If you have the described polar bear then you have no ground to stand on over my hoarding of the monkies.

Point 3; You are thinking of the old models. The new ones are virtually indestructible. I learned from my last attempted apocalypse.

Point D? An unscheduled sunrise can really ruin an undead jet pilot polar bears day. :fro:

In this universe

image-1797121704.jpg

In another universe

image-1654315573.jpg

And in yet another universe

image-1269005402.jpg

Pop quiz genius. Your thread has stalled at 860.00 posts. WHAT DO YOU DO?!

3wncm.jpg

A. Screw it. Bottle it up and call it good.
B. Submit a lengthy OMG, what do I do?! thread on HBT. Go with least snarky response.
C. Just be patient.
D. Rouse the yeast.
E. Repitch.
F. Raise the temperature.
G. Add more fermentables.
H. Here's your problem...too much dry croc, too soon. Dump it and start again.

3wncm.jpg

B. Submit a lengthy OMG, what do I do?! thread on HBT. Go with least snarky response.
C. Just be patient.
D. Rouse the yeast.
E. Repitch.

I see no option for :
Beer bears
Beer gnomes
Beer fairies
Beer midget ninjas

Your question is invalid. Please hang up and try again.

Yes Keanu, that's a phone. Did you try redialing and following directions or does the robot lady on the other line sound too hot to hang up on?

I have something to confess. It's not going to be easy, but I feel I must get it off my chest.
I have never hugged my trash man.
I know this makes me an awful person and I am truly sorry.

I wish I could eat sugar and turn it into alcohol. Instead it just turns to fat and I feel sad.

Correction, you are only storing it as fat. Eventually, it gets turned into glucose. So just be patient. You're sitting on a huge barleywine!

Hamsterbite said:
Correction, you are only storing it as fat. Eventually, it gets turned into glucose. So just be patient. You're sitting on a huge barleywine!

Good to know.

3wncm.jpg

C. Just be patient.
D. Rouse the yeast.
E. Repitch.
Shoot your beer.

static said:
I reject your reality and substitute my own!

Took me a moment to realize what that's from. Now I know. And now you know that I know. And now I know that you know that I know. Now everybody knows that I know that you know that I know that everyone knows that I know that you know that I know what you know.
You know.

Back