Need beer style for Pro brew

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hoosierbrewer

Reaction score
I have lined up a 10 barrel batch with a local brew-pub. I also lined up several bars to take on a beer. The brewpub is in another town and we plan to market this beer as a local beer. I want to come up with a style and then work on a simple recipe to brew with 5 gallons. I do not want the classic american pale ale but was thinking about an Amber Ale or an American style red ale. Any other ideas? How about specialty grains and hops? Thanks for any help. Once I decide on a style, I will work on a recipe. :rockin:

I like the hops and the yeast. I will have to see what their house yeast is though. I want to keep the cost low on the beer if possible.

I thought about a strong malt profile with a normal level of bitternes and then finish with a citrusy hop.

A cut of 0% profit? haha. I need to get one batch done and see how it goes over. If it does well, then I will look at production of more. I hope to break even on the first run.

I have always found that brown ales are a great crossover beer. I think that would be marketable and pleasing to a wide variety of drinkers.

I know. I should have the beer already completed. The project was on-hold until last friday. It is kind of coming together in the last few days. I had originally planned a pale ale or IPA, but everyone uses that one. The Brew-pub is open to anything I want. The main bar who can put it into the others is not overly concerned about style as long as it is delicious. They have 35 or so beers on tap. The others do also. I am leaning more towards an American style red ale. Ball State university is here and "Cardinal Red" or even "Hoosier Red" would go over well here. I want a good strong malt presence, but very drinkable to the masses. If this is successful, then the 2nd beer would probably be a good winter beer and the third would be a peach accented american wheat.

at two of the bars, most of the drinkers are beer snobs. They love microbrews and hoppy beers. Alpha king sells well there as does 2 hearted.

Back