Brewed preliminary 06.06.06!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BadKarmaa

Reaction score
I brewed up a batch of imperial hellfire yesterday. All went well and it seems like it will turn out great. Smelled so good! I took a gravity reading and was below my mark. OG= 1.062. I couln't figure out why I was off and then it hit me. I FORGOT TO ADD THE HONEY! Now I'm wondering what to do. I'm sure it will come out great even without the honey, but I'm wondering if I can still add it to secondary. If so should I cut the amount back to 1/2 lb each of clover and wildflower or maybe use agave nectar since its not quite so sweet. Any thoughts?:confused:

Deja vu....https://www.homebrewtalk.com/showthread.php?t=6460

If you'd have read my thread you'd have figured out the honey thing before your problem!!! :mug:

I'm glad we have people brewing this baby......I think it is going to be one killer beer.

Oh...nothing wrong with adding the honey to primary or secondary, IMHO. I added half of mine to primary 1 day after I pitched (logistical error, don't ask....).

I'm no expert yet, but I would be tempted to sanitize the honey by heating it with a little water, and then stirring it right into the primary while it's still going strong. After cooling it of course. Seems like the way to go to me.

But, that's what I might do. Not necessarily what is best or what others might do... lol

I'll be brewing it in a few hours and all day Saturday I've been worrying that I'll forget to add the honey. Any bets weather I'll forget or not. :mug:

Back