New to kegging

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hoppo

Reaction score
I've got a corny keg hooked up to a CO2 tank and the pressure was set to 30 psi for a couple of days. Now, when I pour a beer out of that keg, it screams out of the tap and is nothing but foam top to bottom. I let it sit and when I can take a sip, the actual beer is not really carbonated. It's kind of flat.

Stupid question but, WHAT GIVES??

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Was it sitting in a fridge or at room temp?

If it was at room temp, how long has it been in a fridge?

Did you reduce the pressure before serving or keep it at 30 psi?

What gives is you're trying to pour with 30psi on the tank. Crank that way down. How much will depend on your system. I have about 10ft lines and serve at 10psi.

I absolutely did not pour at 30 psi. I turned the gas off altogether. I've bled pressure off as well. The keg was in the fridge when the gas was on.

What pressure are you serving at? What size is your beer line? How long is your beer line?

If you turned off the gas and bled the keg, there wouldn't be any pressure, which means no beer would come out, maybe a slow drip.

What you say is happening is due to HIGH pressure.

When you say 30lbs for a couple of days, what is a couple of days? You may have over carbed.

If you only have a few foot of 3/8th's line to the tap you'll still get foam at 5PSI serving pressure. You need a longer run of pipe (at least 10ft if using 3/8th line) or at least 5ft of 3/16th pipe and you should be able to serve at 8-10PSI.

Latest posts

Back