What Rhizomes to Plant, kind of a survey

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hopfarmer

Reaction score
Alright everyone.I am growing Cascades,Chinooks,Nugget,Willamette.Probably 95% Cascades with over 3500 planted.Right now I have 4160 plants.I am adding acreage .My Brewerys have responded with their desires.If a home brewer could get US grown Organic Hops , What would you want?

Cascade, Chinook, & Centennial please.

Centennial seems hard to come by. I got 24oz, but am not sure it will be enough.

I couldn't get Centennial for my last recipe, had to substitute Cascade... Seems that there is plenty Cascade.
I'd second the Centennial planting.

Cheers

Alright everyone.I am growing Cascades,Chinooks,Nugget,Willamette.Probably 95% Cascades with over 3500 planted.Right now I have 4160 plants.I am adding acreage .My Brewerys have responded with their desires.If a home brewer could get US grown Organic Hops , What would you want?

He/she would want them for $2 an ounce or less :D

Some fancy hops from here: New Zealand Hops Limited - Supplier of hops, commercial brewing supplies, home brewing supplies, spray free and organic Bio-Gro hops

I would love to be the first kid on the block with Nelson Sauvin, Motueka, Riwaka, Pacifica, Green Bullet, or Pacific Jade. I doubt that they would part with the rhizomes but they are fellow organic growers so you might have an in. Birds of a feather and all that.

Side note, you may be interested in this contest that I throw each year here in Boise. I am a pretty big proponent of organic brewing.
Treasure Valley Organic Homebrew Challenge | Boise Co-op - Boise’s Green Grocery Store Since 1973

One of the growers in New Zealand is aware of my project.They will protect their proprietary stock to the death (and they should). They lost the kiwi market.I am going to find out what compares to their varieties.As they were all breed from known stock.They should be starting harvest very soon. I am interested in your contest. Will be coming through Boise in the next few weeks will try to look u up Cheers Glen

simcoe, amarillo, summit, summit, summit, centennial, crystal.

those 7 are my choice :)

but really, it is hard to find crystal and summit ever. come august im sure amarillo and simcoe will be obsolete like last year...

ohh, how bout "citra"
no idea where you would get rhizomes. but the only beer i have had made with em is excellent.

Centennial and Fuggles. Cascades are good too, but I don't usually have trouble getting them. It seems like Fuggles are always hard to get when you need them.

Latest posts

Back