Tsunami Stout on a rainy weekend

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

david_42

Reaction score
It's been raining since Friday morning, my driveway (all 2907 1/3 feet) is flowing. The neighbor's fields are awash and the ground is so saturated that the gophers are using scuba gear. What better time for a Tsunami Stout from Pelican? Thick & roasty with a coffee after-taste. Not quite as good as their Doryman's Dark, but I only have one bottle of that left.

What is it about stout in inclement weather that just fits?

Nothing like drinking a nice stout in front of a fireplace reading a book.....while it is snowing or raining outside.

over 101 days without any rain down here. Just set a new record. I still love to have a stout though:D

We are building the ark here since it has been raining non-stop since friday. I don't have any stout to drink, but I brewed up a porter yesterday. Had some Kolsch and Milwaukee Amber Ale while I was brewing.

This summer was the driest in 40 years, no rain for almost 90 days. January is close to being the wettest on record. I love the way things change here. Yesterday blue skies and sunshine as we started the evening dogwalk. Got to the end of the driveway and the sun disappears. By the time we get back to the house, black clouds and pouring! I've got water fountaining out of gopher holes in the meadow. Great fun, but I'm going to need a LOT of rock to fix the driveway.

Same here in Sowthwestern Oregon.I've been shoveling gravel into my driveway for the last three weeks. They say the wettest January on record, but I've seen worse back in 96.

Back