Starting my 2nd brew

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HEGENSCHWARTZ

Reaction score
I'm starting my second brew tomorrow. I just got back from my local homebrew shop and with some help from them I got everything for a Mexican style beer. I got a recipe off beertools and the owner at the shopp looked it over and gave some suggestions.
INGREDIENTS
2# FLAKED RICE
3# LIGHT DRY EXTRACT
1# CORN SUGAR (3/4 cup saved for priming)
1# CRYSTAL 20L CRACKED
1# PALE MALT (6 ROW) CRACKED
2oz KENT GOLDINGS PELLET HOPS AA 6.9%
1 tbl IRISH MOSS
DRY ENGISH ALE YEAST WLP007
Wish me luck,:drunk:

Fisrt brew was a Brewers Best American Light Kit, something easy to try and something the little lady would drink too. It's conditioning in bottles, has about another week. Next brew might be a honey wheat. Still looking around, might change my mind.

Take care all,
Steven

Do it, but try to brew as much as you can is the best advice I can give you. Next thing you know, you have all this **** going on, I mean, look at my sig, that's just 6 weeks!

Just got done brewing. Specific Gravity ended up being 1.044. I used more advanced techniques for this brew that I didn't know about my first time. Don't have high hopes for the first brew, I think the bottles will be unequally carbonated for one and am worried about how it will taste. I think this batch will be much better since I have some more knowledge. Learned a TON from you guys just from searching the forum.
thanks everyone for sharing your experiences with us newbies
Steven

HEGENSCHWARTZ said:
Learned a TON from you guys just from searching the forum.
thanks everyone for sharing your experiences with us newbies
Steven

+1 as well

Back