Who is up for a HUGE brew weekend ??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bombo80

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I may be biting off a bit more than I can chew. But the girl friend is out of town this weekend, so it's time to brew. :rockin:

Here's what's on the docket ......

Mackeson Triple Stout clone
No Name Oktoberfest
Bohemian ***** Slap
Old Speckled Hen - double batch - half for kegging, half for bottling

The Mackeson will be easy, because it is a partial mash. The rest are AG batches. I might have to build another MLT to get it all done. But I do plan on getting started on Friday night.

Who else has a big brew weekend planned ??

Later, :mug:

Bombo

Bottling Weizenbock today.
Brewing German Alt Ale tomorrow.
Racking Red Ale to secondary on Friday.

Leaves me more time for drinking beer over the weekend.

I am bottling my cider and brewing a honey porter, as well as studying for my final exams....grad school so gets in the way of my new brewing hobby.
Nate

I'm spacing it out.
Kegged an amber last night, racking an APA for clearing tomorrow, then brewing an english brown with a german twist on Sunday.

I had my Big Brew Weekend, (err, day), last Saturday. The final score:

Brewed-(AG):

5 gallons IPA
10 gallons DIPA
5 gallons Peach Wheat IPA

Bottled:
5 gallons APA
5 gallons APA #2

Me:
Exhausted

four batches in two days? it's almost like a job!

i'm hoping to crank out a pale ale thursday night, and then something else on saturday evening when the wife's at work. that'll put me two kegs up...:ban:

That's to much brewing for me alone in one weekend. Good luck to you..

I will be running a race Saturday and then trying my best to empty a few kegs so that I can fill them back up. :mug:

I was looking forward to brewing this weekend until SWMBO reminded we have two b-day parties to attend. Managed to brew up a wee heavy this afternoon. I will be kegging my Hefe Saturday night. Hopefully that'll take the edge off for a few days!!

It's a cheap canadian light ale for me to get my equipt. in order and the my first AG this weekend with my own APA !!!! we'll see how it goes!

I have done quite a few PM before and they all have a very common taste to them that I don't like,, I am hopeing "AG" will take care of that taste I am finding!

Good luck on the long brew weekend!!!!!

No brewing for me. I will visit a brewery SLC this weekend though. Next weekend has 10 gallons of Bavarian Hefe on the list after kegging 10 gallons of BCB Robust Porter.

right now i have my thursday evening batch bubbbling...

8 lbs mo
.75 lbs british caramel 60

two handfulls of williamete fwh/kettle...

half a handful with 20 minutes left.

i might throw some hops in with the irish moss.

it's going atop a burton ale yeast/funk.... should be interesting. :tank:

Plan on a big brewing Sunday:
11gal Orfy's Hobgobblin
5.5gal Lil Sparky's Oatmeal stout
5.5gal Something pale, still trying to figure it out;)

I'm up for a big weekend, but eight full carboys mean I can only brew one. :(
I miss my old job, all the carboys I needed.

Jim Karr said:
deathweed, may I suggest something very simple for you something pale?

6.6 pounds LME
1 oz Centennial Pellets: 1/2 oz at boil, 1/2 oz at five minutes before flameout.

Thanks for the idea, I am leaning towards BierMunchers Summit Pale Ale. That or Ed's Pale ale (even though I already have a keg full of that already)

I'm hoping to knock out three brews this weekend myself. I think I'll try and do one tonight, one Saturday and one Sunday. Going on spring vacation next week and want to get as much going as possible.

I'll brew: Classic American Pilsner (Your Father's Moustache)
Traditional Bock (modified Jamil's recipe)
Schwarzbier (Jamil's recipe)

Racking the Haus Pale Ale from EdWort to secondary, lt looks delicious and is my first All grain

Saturday: Pick up the new foster dog, transfer Chocolate Imperial Stout to secondary to make room for new brew: El Rojo Loco's Crazy Red Ale.

:eek: My "big" brew day will consist of making 5.5 gallons of Yuri Rages Floor Kill Ale. :eek:
But im doing it by myself, and im in no hurry, so that's 6 hours of glorious beer making fun.

Per another post....Brewin up my first all-grain this evening....Been planning, researching, planning, reading, planning....ya get the picture...

It's been a GREAT NIGHT!!! Brewing and drinking some home-brew!!! Damn, now if only I had a cigar......hmmmmm might have to make a phone-call...

(Like I said its been a good night of brewin, and I'm not even thinking of touching the car keys on St. Patty's weekend....lol)

:drunk: :D :drunk:

Well, I blew my brewing load today....:D

Work sent me home due to lack of work, so I made the best of it.

I racked my Nobalz APA for clearing, and got cracking on an english brown.
I was pleased by a 90% efficiency on the mash. My new 4.5" mesh spice/tea steeping pot was a pleasant success as well. It easily holds an ounce of leaf hops with room to spare.:)

All said and done, I'm a bit tired from those 8 hours on my feet. But I am reaping the rewards as I sip my latest amber fresh from the keggerator I built last night. :ban:

Now... what to do with my weekend....:confused:

Got a 10 gallon Hefe boiling right now and starting to mash for a 5 gallon Bohemian Pilsner (version 3). Will be kegging my oatmeal stout later on.

Then I am going to get Drunk!!!

took yesterday afternoon off and brewed a witbier and an IPA. 6 hours from the first heat on the strike water till all pitched and cleaned up. For 2 batches, not bad at all! They're both fermenting away as I type.

3 weeks ago I did a triple-batch day. It was a full day, to say the least---9 hours, because one was a 1.094 OG stout, which took forever to boil down!

Back