White labs course and uc davis classes

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eltenchiz

Reaction score
Hi all,
I was thinking of taking a couple classes to maybe improve my brewing knowledge from the professionals and scientist. I was wondering if anyone has taken any courses from white labs and/or UC Davis? They are both expensive and I was hoping someone could give me feedback before I commit.
Thanks
Mike

The UC Davis program is geared toward the brewing industry (commercial) in general. If you desire working for a brewery or starting your own, it would be a great program to get into. The waiting list is bit long (Master Brewers program) but if you can wait it out, it's definitely worth it. The classes offered at White Labs are more for someone that would like to get specialized training on the cold side (fermentation). The White Labs classes focus more on microbiology/biochemistry with hands on in the lab. Unlike the UC Davis brewing extensions, the White Labs classes don't require prerequisites to get in. The classes are great for the home brewing level all the way up to a master brewer.

Thanks! I wasn't really looking at the master brewers program at Davis but instead they offer some weekend courses and week long ones too. The white labs seems right up my ally. Thanks again

Latest posts

Back