Great deal for a small batch brewer ($16 for 6,8,12,16qt stainless steel pots w/lids)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rodisian

Reaction score
If you're looking to pick up a few kettles for smaller batch brewing, this seems like a steal: http://dealnews.com/-4-Piece-Stainless-Steel-Stock-Pot-Set-for-14-2-s-h/490524.html

It includes 6, 8, 12 and 16-quart stainless steel pots with lids, just over $16 shipped. None of the bells and whistles of a true brew kettle, but you gotta start somewhere.

Also, with the recent deal for 40% of the deluxe kit at Northern Brewer, you can get up and running fairly inexpensively!

I do mostly 2.5/3g BIAB batches in a 20qt kettle, but the 16 should work fine for your main brewpot if you're also in that size ballpark. So certainly not for everyone, but FWIW, thought it was a good heads up. I wish I found these two deals when I was starting with the obsession back in May

Man, that's tempting. Especially since I'll be going with an electric stovetop for a lot of my boils where it'd be tough to get water boiling in a bigger pot... You guys think the big one in that set will do the job for 2.5 gal brews without any significant risk for disastrous boilover?

Seems like you would be safe. I picked up a $1 squirt bottle that I fill with tap water to keep the boil back during hot break. Although I have a big pot, this strategy should work fine for you.

Ordered a set today. Brewing hopefully next week or this weekend, depending how fast my stuff gets here from Northwest... I'll report back with my findings..

Back