Sharing the craft

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fujieagle

Reaction score
So I've only been brewing for about 6 months now. I did 2 extract kits from my LHBS. The rest have been AG and I've done 9 5 gallon batches of AG so far. One of the guys at work wants to learn and like most, didn't know where to start or how and was afraid of starting out AG. He came over today and we brewed a Pale Ale. I chose this for him because of the simple grain bill and one hop. It was a success and I am sure that very soon he will be brewing his own. I have had great success so far thanks to all of you on this board. Just wanted to say thanks from me and my friend, we are all helping to keep the art alive.:mug:

Don't know if I've helped any, but it's always good to hear someone else is enjoying what homebrew has to offer.

Good for you for managing to not scare someone off with all grain while sharing the hobby for the first time. I tend to babble on about all I know when I'm showing someone how to brew, and I can get into the nitty gritty nerdy aspects of the science that I've picked up along the way ('cause I like that stuff) and I think that kinda scares some people I know off.

But then again these are other people my age that are just more interested in the fact that I have gallons of beer sitting around and wanna have that too.... not so much interest in the craft, as your friend must have been. If you do have a convert, good job!

I've been having friends over when I brew and am sharing the process with them. Trying to set up a circle of friends to brew with regularly. Most of them are friends from my church, so it also turns into a blend of a brewday and bible study, which is pretty awesome.

I'm hoping to get some of them into at least doing extract at their homes (and give/sell them some of my older equipment. *winks*)

It's great that friends from your church brew as well. Our church sponsors Homebrew contests. The last one had two churches involved with 16 beer entries.
Beer has a lot of history with monks brewing in the early monasteries.
Yes, we are Episcopalian, which you probably already guessed..

Latest posts

Back