What if your CO2 tank runs out?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slipgate

Reaction score
Say your tank runs out on a Friday and you can't get to the gas shop for a week. Leaving your cornies unpressurized for a week. Would they go flat in a week and you'd have to wait another week after you hook up the new bottle to get carbonated? Would you have a second filled bottle on standby for this reason?

GET THEM UNHOOKED!
they will off gas enough to keep a good seal and be fine, as long as there is no leak in the systerm anywhere. I unhook ALL of the quick disconnect gas lines when I have to refill.

and it's just a trip to the basement for me.

I have a twinny hooked up and another in reserve so that doesn't happen. If it did, I'd just disconnect the kegs from the system and goto my LHBS for a keg charger if I really had to pinch off the keg til I could get a refill.

I too have consider getting a fitty but dread having to lug it around. I have even come across a couple hunneds for supercheap and might do that if I can afford the delivery/pickup service.

the kegs wont' go flat if they are actually kept sealed. if you already got the beer carb'd up fully, and the temperature doesn't change...it stays at equilibrium. the beer is 15psi, the headspace is 15psi...so as long as you don't dispense beer or have a leak...it stays 15psi.

Back