Karl Strauss recipe

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grego2

Reaction score
I have done a search and came up with nothing. I have also tried a couple of recipe sites and didn't find anything.
I am looking for an extract recipe. I had a Karl Strauss on tap at the San Diego airport and fell in love with that one. Not sure which one it was. But I have enjoyed all the different ones I tried so anything will work.
If I can't get anything, I will have to drive back down to San Diego and pickup a cuople of kegs!

I got nothing 4 ya man.

Do this.
http://www.karlstrauss.com/PAGES/Beer/Start_Beer.htm

If you can identify the beer, post the description. Example

Stargazer I.P.A. is an English-style India Pale Ale that boasts citrus-like hop flavors beautifully balanced with medium-bodied maltiness. Large amounts of assertive Cascade and Chinook hops from the Pacific Northwest are added to the brew kettle at 3 stages to extract their grapefruit and pine-like flavors. We then add a mixture of Cascade and Centennial hops to the fermenter after fermentation is complete. This process, known as dry-hopping, gives the beer a full, flowery aroma. 14 SRM 40IBU 14 deg Plato 4.9 ABV

English-style India Pale Ale Pale 2 Row, White Wheat, Caramel 40 Cascade, Chinook,
Centennial Dry-hopped Golden Medium
bodied Citrus (grapefruit), floral, pine-like, very hoppy, fruity Dry, fruity,
pleasant hop bitterness

If it was in fact the IPA one of us can take a stab at it.

You gotta identify which one it was, though.

If it was the lager, you have to have the ability to achieve lager temps. Not an easy thing to do without a proper fermentation fridge.

If you had it at the airport, my guess is it was either the Red Trolley or the Amber Ale (do a search for Red Trolley here...there have been a couple of recipe attempts...I tried one and at the last moment, decided to Hazelnut it...which was really good actually!).

I am a huge fan of the Stargazer IPA and would love to take a stab at it. I'm about to go all grain so I may try a few "proven" recipes before rolling the dice but if anyone has attempted one I'd love to know what you came up with...

:)

Jim

I got nothing 4 ya man.

Do this.
Our Beer

If you can identify the beer, post the description. Example

If it was in fact the IPA one of us can take a stab at it.

You gotta identify which one it was, though.

If it was the lager, you have to have the ability to achieve lager temps. Not an easy thing to do without a proper fermentation fridge.

I have done a search and came up with nothing. I have also tried a couple of recipe sites and didn't find anything.
I am looking for an extract recipe. I had a Karl Strauss on tap at the San Diego airport and fell in love with that one. Not sure which one it was. But I have enjoyed all the different ones I tried so anything will work.
If I can't get anything, I will have to drive back down to San Diego and pickup a cuople of kegs!

Back