Multi step infusion

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beer_master

Reaction score
Hi,Can you tell me what temperatures i need to hit if i want a full body -less alcohol,or light body more alcohol in multi step infusion

You can download it and try it for free. But, in general rests at 40*C 60* and 70* are the most common. Varying the length at 60* and 70* will adjust your fermentability. The less fermentable, the more full bodied, the more fermentable, the less body you'll see.

Here is a very good write up from the first edition of "How to Brew"

http://howtobrew.com/section3/chapter16-2.html

the demo of promash also has a calculator for a multi-step mash.

i doubt anyone will do the calculations for you because its a bit of a pain in the ass. plus we need your grainbill, thermal mass of the Mash tun, and your desired rest temperatures.

i doubt anyone will do the calculations for you because its a bit of a pain in the ass. plus we need your grainbill, thermal mass of the Mash tun, and your desired rest temperatures.

I could be wrong but I thought he was actually asking about the rest temps.

That link I put up will tell you all the rest temperatures and what they'll do for your beer. I think it even has the equations in an appendix so you can figure out how much water you need to go from one step to the next. If only my high school algebra teacher knew that I was actually using algebra, he'd be so proud!

That link I put up will tell you all the rest temperatures and what they'll do for your beer. I think it even has the equations in an appendix so you can figure out how much water you need to go from one step to the next. If only my high school algebra teacher knew that I was actually using algebra, he'd be so proud!

;) ..thanx :)

Latest posts

Back