Tower of power software help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steampunk

Reaction score
This is feeling like a Ron burgandy dive into the bear pit. I immediately regret this decision.

I have a tower of power and have bee using it manually for about six months and love it. Wanted to start tracking my brew days mad mashes so bought the communication cable and downloaded the software. Hilarity did not ensue.

Pre software when the temp went over the target it shut of and when under it turned on. Not only did it stop turning off when it dipped below target temp it couldn't re ignite because it was already on at a low setting. So loud alarm.

Fully cop to maybe it being user error and not software. But when I unplugged it from the system the behaviour continued. To get it to reignite I had to shut it off turn off propane to kill the current low flame and turn on again. There is Limited info on the software side so any links advice etc you ca, provide would be greatly appreciated. Blichmann doesn't even support it.

If you know how to get me cal to manual mode all the better.

I've done a factory reset on mine through the software but not on the unit. Did this ending helping you or how did you fix your problem?

Blichmann charges some healthy coin fot that serial cable. $29.99 from More Beer.

Make them earn that 30 bucks and get serious tech support. Real some time person to person support if you need..

I have two tickets in at the moment I am waiting a response on. It says allow three days but I haven't even had a ticket acknowledgement about a week later. I am going to brew tomorrow and revert back to manual if needed. I was hoping to hear from them before I brewed but I will have to keep pushing. I'm a little disappointed with the support but I'm hoping it's just due to NHC.

BTW, I don't see a reset on the unit, but I did do a software GAS factory reset to make sure I hadn't clicked Electric on accident. Nothing changed though. I was still getting 2 second cycles which isn't even long enough to light a burner.

You bought your Blichmann products through a Blichmann dealer. Get on the phone and call them and get some tech support. No ticket acknowldegment means they did not see it. The dealer and Blichmann have your money, you deserve a quicker reponse than 1 week.

I had a pre-sale question into Blichmann and they were moderately quick in responding. Imemdiate reesponse with the "We got your question and are working on it." and about 24 hours with the answer.

Back