The Rapture...who's brewin' tomorrow?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

malkore

Reaction score
I have planned a Rapturous Blonde Ale for tomorrow's brew day.

Who else plans to be "Left Behind" and is brewing tomorrow, and whatcha makin?

I am at 6pm Eastern Time...I have secured my boil pot so that the earthquakes dont knock it over...and I am ready to go out brewing!

Got nothing else going on. Might as well. I've been putting off brewing a batch with my new mash tun. I had my old one dialed in perfectly. I'm not a fan of change, but tomorrow sounds as good as any day to take it for a spin.

Yup, my brewing assistant is home for the summer and we're doing a pale ale, with Kent Goldings and Fuggles hops, and a jar of Fuller yeast slurry.

If I can swing it, I'll only be able to do a SMaSH beer. I know.. Poor planning on my part, but I want to brew something to make the day we finally get some piece and quiet special.

Just FYI, tomorrow is only the rapture, when all the godly christians get whisked to heaven.
The world doesn't end until October sometime.

So, ya know, don't brew a barleywine tomorrow!

Yup, my brewing assistant is home for the summer and we're doing a pale ale, with Kent Goldings and Fuggles hops, and a jar of Fuller yeast slurry.

Man that sounds good!!

I'm definitely wanting to brew tomorrow, if not Sunday. I've been throwing together a lot of random recipes lately, so I want to do an actual recipe, and thinking I might do Cream of Three Crops for my brew buddy. Luckily he's really coming to like porters and stouts(just malty beers in general), but I already have a couple of those, so I want to throw him a bone on the BMC side. Maybe I'll have him buy the flaked rice and corn :D

I'll be hitting the LHBS tomorrow, but no brewing until Sunday, if I'm still here. :drunk:

Still not sure what we plan to make. Maybe an Amber.

I'm brewing up something inspired by Arrogant Bastard tomorrow.

Us 2row, special b, and a handfull of Chinook hops.

I'd forgot about the earthquake though. I'll have to make sure the wort is secure in the bucket before 6pm.

that's 1 p.m. central, about the time i'll be wrapping up my Rapture IIPA. i won't get to see it start fermenting, but then, i won't have to clean up, either ;)

I'm stopping by my local homebrew supplier to see if I can find something nice to brew today. Something that just screams "rapture beer" to me. :p

Back