Ohhh, my back

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yeast Infection

Reaction score
In the past two weekends, been able to brew a Belgian Golden Ale, a Christmas ale and then 10 gallons of delicious ESB. 20 gallons in 10 days...I like it. I also finally bought a new chest freezer, acquired all the components (4 kegs, gas line, beer lines, all the hook ups, 3 faucets, 20-25 lb CO2 tank, gas manifold.... everything) for my keggerator off craigslist. Its been a good past two weeks for me.

But yesterday while brewing the 10 gal ESB, I thought I could pick up the mash tun full of 23.5 lbs of grains and about 8 gallons of water and move it to a 4 ft high table. I guess I was a little drunk because I picked that mofo up with out even thinking about it....and now I can barely walk, sit, lay....anything and everything just hurts...alot. Definitely "threw out" my back (and im only 24, I didnt know I could throw out my back at such a prime young fruitful age).

So now I have a heating pad on my back, staring at my keezer with a beautiful digital Ranco temp controller. Im happily in pain (lots and lots o' pain) and if I can offer any wisdom it would be: Dont lift up a cooler full to the brim with grains and water....just dont do it.

i feel the same way after an intense brew weekend.. its my shoulder more than my back.. i'm only 25, but I feel like I'm 50 after brewing a lot... i have been looking for a front loading freezer jsut becasue I dont want to lift carboys in and out of a chest freezer...

DeathBrewer said:
that sux. go get an x-ray...you don't want to sit too long on a bad back...it can get worse. i've had a slipped disc for months...i can't do **** anymore.

Actually you will want an MRI. Been there, done that.

I see Better Bottles in his future.

Yeast Infection said:
In the past two weekends, been able to brew a Belgian Golden Ale, a Christmas ale and then 10 gallons of delicious ESB. 20 gallons in 10 days...I like it. I also finally bought a new chest freezer, acquired all the components (4 kegs, gas line, beer lines, all the hook ups, 3 faucets, 20-25 lb CO2 tank, gas manifold.... everything) for my keggerator off craigslist. Its been a good past two weeks for me.

But yesterday while brewing the 10 gal ESB, I thought I could pick up the mash tun full of 23.5 lbs of grains and about 8 gallons of water and move it to a 4 ft high table. I guess I was a little drunk because I picked that mofo up with out even thinking about it....and now I can barely walk, sit, lay....anything and everything just hurts...alot. Definitely "threw out" my back (and im only 24, I didnt know I could throw out my back at such a prime young fruitful age).

So now I have a heating pad on my back, staring at my keezer with a beautiful digital Ranco temp controller. Im happily in pain (lots and lots o' pain) and if I can offer any wisdom it would be: Dont lift up a cooler full to the brim with grains and water....just dont do it.

Well lad,I fully understand, at 67 you just don't do that! the best pal i have found is the little march pump. Man, I just love that little dude........:)

EdWort said:
Actually you will want an MRI. Been there, done that.

I see Better Bottles in his future.

Ive already had one this year...just on my shoulder, which is a whole other story. Im going to give in 2 days, if no progress, ill go to the doc, get me a backiatamy.

Latest posts

Back