Belgian Trippel Kit 270 - Brewing with no grain?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kmatthews812

Reaction score
Hello,

I just received the Belgian Trippel ingredient kit from morebeer.com (http://morebeer.com/view_product/18354//Belgian_Trippel-_Extract) and it did not include any grain. Is this correct? If so, how do I start the brewing process? The directions say I should cook the grain at 170 degrees for an hour before adding the malt. Do I just skip this step and start by adding the malt to boiling water?

Thanks,

Kev

short answer, yeah... skip that step.

It is probably correct. Tripels are very simple, usually a Pils base, maybe a bit of aromatic, white wheat, or carapils, and some sugar. Usually a hop addition at the beginning of the boil, and maybe a little flavor addition.

If you care about keeping the color light, add half of the extract at the beginning, and half at the end (boil 10 - 15 mins), it will cut down on the number of carmelized sugars. Read up on late extract addition if you are curious.

Back